Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello

I am a mom of a 4 year old and a 9 year old. Being a working parent, needless to say, I am always guilty of having less time to spend with my kids. This is the flashback:

We all know that the first child is a pampered child as it gets the most attention. Same is the case with my older one. She gave us the opportunity to visit the well-known amusement parks, museums etc. Our idea of long weekends was always to visit some big places, unaware of the fact that kids are content with even a small hike or a 2 hour activity at a neighboring farm. I guess it comes from the fact that you always think of what best you can give to your kids and not what they want. Result : We were unaware of the fun that we were missing out on!

Recently one of our friends came up with an idea to form a Science group for kids to arouse their interest in science. For 2-3 whole months we followed a classroom curriculum, which included teaching the kids about teeth, heart, nutrition chart etc. This was accompanied with few experiments as well. We then decided to take them for field trips and that is when it all began..... Our Weekend Activities!

Internet has made our lives so interesting, I can google on "kids activities in bay area" and it gives me an insight in to the activities that our kids can enjoy in the forthcoming weeks. Most of them are either free or you need to pay some minimal amount. We have been to many places like the Youth Science Institute programs, Intel museum, Don Edward Wildlife Refuge programs and found them very educational and informative. The hands-on activities for the kids interest them a lot and they look forward for the weekends.

I decided to write this blog to share my some of those activities with my family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is what my kid has to say abt this article:

    I liked the article that u wrote.this is very detailed .u have taken the efforts to just write this blogspot article .i am very glad to have a parent like this to say some good things about us.
    u have taken us to many imformative places.
    Supercalifragilisticexpialodocious comments

    ReplyDelete