Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Anniversary

Its hard to believe that I have been blogging for an year! This also means that its one year since I started seriously involving my kids in science and art activities.

What I gain from this? Its beyond measure! The number of occassions that we have had a quality family time has grown significantly. My kids look forward to weekends, they love nature and hikes, are observant of the life around them, love to experiment and know what to expect from events that we attend. The art activities have boosted their creativity and imagination. When we had been to the recent garden show, my little one was amazed by the carnivorous plants and drew her own version of a bug-eating plant! My older one is using some of the creativity in her science olympiad.

I have supplemented my science activities with reading. Some of the books that we read present a great opportunity to try out the concepts, like the "Hello red fox!"

What I learnt? You do not need expensive toys or wii's or spend a whole lot in traveling to far off places to teach science to your kids. A local neigborhood activity is all that they need!

No comments:

Post a Comment