Sunday, April 17, 2011

Body Worlds

The Tech museum has hosted many educational visitin exhibits in the past, like the "Leonardo da Vinci" and "Genghis Khan". Currently they are hosting the Body Worlds Vital - an exhibit that gives a glimpse of the complex body systems beneath our skin. The exhibits are made possible by a technique called "Plastination" which is used to preserve the body parts.

The exhibit is in its final days at The Tech so we decided to check it out during the spring break. I do not have any visuals for this blog as flash photography or video recording was not allowed, however I had to blog about it as me and my kids learnt a lot from this exhibit, facts that a common person is not aware of.

Since no pictures were allowed in the exhibit, we had to soak in and process all the information that we were getting. We were in the exhibit for almost 4 hours without realizing it! Each exhibit had very detailed explanations. All the exhibits were amazing however my personal favorite was the one that showed the network of blood vessels in our body as well as on the organs like heart.

It is a great learning experience for the kids and adults as the message is very clear "Healthy eating habits and excerise" is "The mantra" for living well! Atleast for time being, I can get my kids to eat veggies and fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment