Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wild Zone

After a very busy work schedule for last 2 weeks, I wanted to keep this weekend activity very light. So we went for the Wild Zones program. This program is free and focuses on "unstructured play in nature". All that the kids have to do is use their imagination and build!

Since this was our first visit, we were not very prepared for it. Just carried the basic necessities of a hot day... water,caps and sunscreens. When we reached this place first thing we saw was mucky water and kids standing in it and playing with the mud. The first thought that crossed my mind was... I am in the wrong place! I was very sure my kids won't even go near it, leave alone getting in to it. We watched the other kids play, and then slowly my kids went for the spade and shovel to dig in the mud. Good start, I thought.

After their heart was contented, we decided to build house with sticks. We tried our hands at building a teepee! Not bad for beginners! We decorated our house with some flowers and took some pictures.

We had a funfilled 1.5 hrs and the kids decided that next time they would come prepared to play in the mucky water too!

No comments:

Post a Comment